Named one of the top 20 “best small towns to visit” by Smithsonian Magazine, Abilene is the hometown of 5-Star General and 34th President of the United States, Dwight D. Eisenhower.
- Eisenhower Presidential Library, Museum & Boyhood Home – named #1 Kansas Attraction by USA Today
- Abilene & Smoky Valley Railroad – home to the only operational steam locomotive in Kansas
- Historic Seelye Mansion – furnished with items from the 1904 St. Louis World’s Fair. Remodeled by Frank Lloyd Wright, it’s also home to a wooden bowling alley that’s more than 120 years old!
- Greyhound Hall of Fame - The Greyhound Hall of Fame experience begins with a greeting from our two resident greyhounds. You are then invited to enjoy a 12-minute film and a self-guided tour of our facility.
- C.W. Parker Carousel – oldest operational Parker Carousel known to exist.
- Greyhound Hall of Fame Museum – Abilene is the Greyhound Racing Capital of the Worl
- Great Plains Theatre – provides live, professional theatre and educational programs
- Old Abilene Town – named #1 True Western Town by True West Magazine, Abilene is located at the end of the historic Chisholm Trail.
- Dickinson County Heritage Center - Discover the history of the wild frontier, the days of Tom Smith and Wild Bill Hickok, and the wild and woolly days of the cattle drives to Abilene at the end of the Chisholm Trail.
Abilene's Rave Reviews
Located at Exit 275 on I-70 (Eisenhower's Interstate System) we invite you to visit our five-star community and experience all it has to offer!