Named one of the top 20 “best small towns to visit” by Smithsonian Magazine, Abilene is the hometown of 5-Star General and 34th President of the United States, Dwight D. Eisenhower.
EISENHOWER FAST FACTS
- Appeared on the cover of Time Magazine six times! (Nov. 16, 1942, Jan. 1, 1945, June 16, 1952, July 4, 1955, Jan. 4, 1960, and April 4, 1969)
- #5 best president – by C-SPAN Historians
- One of only 13 presidential libraries operated by the National Archives
- More than 200,000 visitors explore the 22-acre campus including the library, museum, boyhood home, and burial site each year
- Every year 800+ researchers study the 26 million pages of documents, 70,000 artifacts, and 350,000 photos housed in the archives
- #2 most researched presidential library
- The campus is located on the site of Ike’s boyhood neighborhood - the “other” side of the tracks”- just south of the Eisenhower Interstate Highway System (I-70)
Located at Exit 275 on I-70 (Eisenhower's Interstate System) we invite you to visit our five-star community and experience all it has to offer!