Courtland punches above its population of 275 with a variety of offerings. It is an ag focused community located in the middle of the Kansas Bostwick Irrigation District surrounded by canals that deliver water from the Republican River by way of nearby Lovewell Lake. Some attractions that bring people to town are:
- Courtland Fun Day, always the last Saturday in July bringing 3,000 friends, alumni, and family to town.
- Depot Market which is not your garden variety train station. Selling locally raised produce, melons, pumpkins, ice cream, and more.
- Pinky's Bar & Grill is a legendary staple to the community with burgers and cold beverages
- Soul Sister Ceramics for a paint-your-own-pottery escape and boutique shopping.
- A lunch serving antique shop called AnTeaQues that will remind you of Grandma's kitchen
- The Courtland Arts Center holds monthly events for patrons.
- Courtland City Pool, Mini-Park on Main Street, and the City Park with ball fields and volleyball courts.
- Lodging can be found right on Main Street at Heartland Gamebirds' new downtown loft.
- Hunters come back season after season for whitetail deer, turkey, waterfowl, and upland bird hunting on leased or public lands like Jamestown Marsh.