Despite its name, this variation of a classic recipe contains no bourbon; it’s named after Bourbon Street in New Orleans where it originated.
• 2 pounds boneless/skinless chicken thighs, diced or whole
• 1/2 cup diced onion
• 2 teaspoons minced garlic
• 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
• 1/4 cup ketchup
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 1 cup honey (Note: reduce by half for a less sweet sauce)
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch
• 1 tablespoon (approximately) of water
1. Add chicken, onions, and garlic to Instant Pot.
2. In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce and ketchup; add salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes.
3. Pour sauce over the chicken mixture and then add honey.
4. Cooking: Once all ingredients are in the Instant Pot, lock the cover and seal the steam vent.
5. Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes (if using frozen chicken, add another10 minutes).
6. Naturally, release steam for 5 minutes and then quick release.
7. Turn Instant Pot to sauté.
8. Mix cornstarch with water; add to liquid in the pot and continue to cook for a couple of minutes until sauce thickens.
Preparation Time Approximately 30 minutes
Ways to Stay Connected
More Recipes to Enjoy
Pot O' SausageMar 16, 2023
This recipe, from Joshua Martin, was featured as part of Taste of Kansas: The Campfire featured in… Read More
Roasted Eggplant in a Spicy YogurtMay 02, 2022
Dandu’s garden includes more than a half dozen varieties of eggplant. She makes the… Read More
Smoky Hill Bison MeatloafNov 01, 2021
Recipe from Smoky Hill Bison Co., 2660 E. Hobbs, Assaria Ingredients ½ cup chopped onion 1 Tbs… Read More
Black Bean Corn Salad with Citrus DressingSep 02, 2021
Photography by Nick Krug Ingredients • 1 can (15 ounces) black soybeans, drained and rinsed… Read More