Council on Travel & Tourism
In 1987 the Kansas Legislature formed the Council on Travel and Tourism. The duties of the Council are to:
- Advise Kansas Tourism in the development and implementation of the state's tourism marketing and business development program including, but not limited to, long-range strategies for attracting visitors to the state.
- Report to Kansas Tourism information for preparation of the annual tourism budget
- Identify and review tourism-related issues and current state policies and programs which directly or indirectly affect tourism in the state.
- Recommend the adoption of new, or the modification of existing, policies and programs, as needed.
Next Meeting Date:
Friday, August 4, 2023
9:00 AM Central Time
Kansas State Capitol, Auditorium 4-N. Located on Ground Level just past the Security Checkpoint.
General Public Members
- Rosa Cavazos
- Karen Hibbard
- Mimi Meredith
- Janet McRae
- Donna Price
Travel Association Member Representatives
- Travel Industry Association of Kansas (TIAK) - Suzan Barnes
- Petroleum Marketers Association - Susie Coleman
- Sport Hunting Association - Representative Ken Corbet
- Kansas Restaurant & Hospitality Association - Lodging - Open
- Kansas Restaurant & Hospitality Association - Restaurants - Chuck Magerl
- House Majority - Representative Laura Williams
- House Majority - Representative Jason Goetz
- House Minority - Representative Jason Probst
- Senate Majority - Senator Renee Erickson
- Senate Majority - Senator Ron Ryckman Sr.
- Senator Minority - Senator Mary Ware
- Kansas Department of Commerce - Bridgette Jobe
- Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks - Nadia Reimer
- Kansas State Historical Society - Patrick Zollner