Council on Travel & Tourism
In 1987 the Kansas Legislature formed the Council on Travel and Tourism. The duties of the Council are to:
- Advise Kansas Tourism in the development and implementation of the state's tourism marketing and business development program including, but not limited to, long-range strategies for attracting visitors to the state.
- Report to Kansas Tourism information for preparation of the annual tourism budget
- Identify and review tourism-related issues and current state policies and programs which directly or indirectly affect tourism in the state.
- Recommend the adoption of new, or the modification of existing, policies and programs, as needed.
Next Meeting Date: Friday, August 6th, 2021
Location: Kansas State Capitol Visitor Center Auditorium, 300 W 10th, Topeka, KS
Currently, meetings are being held from 9:00 AM to Noon. There will be a time set aside on each meeting agenda for public comment. Public comments may be submitted in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each person providing public comment will be limited to 3 minutes.
General Public Members
- Rosa Cavazos
- Kevin Fern
- Karen Hibbard
- Mimi Meredith
- Janet McRae
- Donna Price
Travel Association Member Representatives
- Travel Industry Association of Kansas (TIAK) - Suzan Barnes
- Petroleum Marketers Association - Susie Coleman
- Sport Hunting Association - Representative Ken Corbet
- Kansas Restaurant & Hospitality Association - Lodging - open
- Kansas Restaurant & Hospitality Association - Restaurants - Chuck Magerl
- House Majority - Representative Shannon Francis
- House Majority - Representative Charlotte Esau
- House Minority - Representative Jason Probst
- Senator Minority - Senator Mary Ware
- Senate Majority - Open
- Kansas Tourism - Bridgette Jobe
- Kansas State Historical Society - Mary Madden