Council on Travel & Tourism
In 1987 the Kansas Legislature formed the Council on Travel and Tourism. The duties of the Council are to:
- Advise the Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism in the development and implementation of the state's tourism marketing and business development program including, but not limited to, long-range strategies for attracting visitors to the state.
- Report to Kansas Dept of Wildlife Parks and Tourism information for preparation of the annual budget for the division of Tourism.
- Identify and review tourism-related issues and current state policies and programs which directly or indirectly affect tourism in the state.
- Recommend the adoption of new, or the modification of existing, policies and programs, as needed.
Currently, meetings are being held virtually from 9:00 AM to Noon. There will be a time set aside on each meeting agenda for public comment. Public comments may be submitted in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org or during the meeting through “raising your hand” in the chat window. Each person providing public comment will be limited to 3 minutes.
When: May 7, 2021 09:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Governors Council on Travel and Tourism
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or One tap mobile :
US: +14086380968,,89999610330# or +16699006833,,89999610330#
General Public Members
- Rosa Cavazos
- Kevin Fern
- Karen Hibbard
- Mimi Meredith
- Janet McRae
- Donna Price
Travel Association Member Representatives
- Travel Industry Association of Kansas (TIAK) - Suzan Barnes
- Petroleum Marketers Association - Susie Coleman
- Sport Hunting Association - Representative Ken Corbet
- Kansas Restaurant & Hospitality Association - Lodging - open
- Kansas Restaurant & Hospitality Association - Restaurants - Chuck Magerl
- House Majority - Representative Shannon Francis
- House Majority - Representative Charlotte Esau
- House Minority - Representative Jason Probst
- Senator Minority - Senator Mary Ware
- Senate Majority - Open
- Kansas Dept of Wildlife, Parks & Tourism - Bridgette Jobe
- Kansas State Historical Society - Mary Madden