The travel sector is an integral part of the Kansas economy contributing more than $11 billion in expenditures and sustains over 96,000 jobs. Tourism Economics an Oxford Economics Company, conducts an economic impact study of tourism in Kansas using the most current data available. This report enables us to quantify, track and compare the travel and tourism's importance for Kansas' vitality.
- Measures tourism in the categories that allow it to be compared to other sectors and which matter to policy makers such as taxes, income and jobs
- Provides the ability to benchmark the visitor economy to others sectors on an "apples-to-apples" basis
- Allows benchmarking to other destinations
- Tracks the economic contribution of tourism over time
- Provides county-level analysis
The Economic Impact of Travel in Kansas: Calendar Year 2019
Regional & County Economic Impact- Calendar Year 2019
The Economic Impact of Travel in Kansas: Calendar Year 2018
If you're interested in receiving previous reports, please email Taylor Hartshorn.