These beauties aren't just our state flower but also are a gorgeous backdrop for photos around Kansas! Sunflowers pop up each summer in the state but remember, not all sunflower fields that are planted are open to the public, so please be respectful of the fields and research before you head out with a camera. Visiting sunflower fields that are open to the public is a great way to support local farmers and to Shop Kansas Farms! We'll be adding more public sunflower fields to our list as we find them!
Fields are planted at different times and weather can affect bloom peaks. Most fields have Facebook pages that they update, so keep an eye on those as they share when their fields are at their best. Enjoy the beauty of these yellow flowers while they thrive in the Kansas sun. Some farms even allow you to take a few stems home, they just ask for a small donation so that they can plant again for you next year. View the map below for locations!
Each of the fields below have different hours of operation, admission pricing, donation requests and professional photographer guidelines. Please follow the link to learn more about your field of choice! If you have a question regarding these fields, please reach out to the farms directly via their website or Facebook pages.
Check out these fields in 2020:
- Grinter Farms - Lawrence - Peak bloom has ended
- Berry Hill UPick Farm - Berryton - Peak bloom has ended
- Eleanor's - Scranton - Season has ended
- Britt's Garden Acres - Manhattan - Estimating late August to mid-September bloom, may still have some flowers yet, please call ahead.
- Kansas Maze, Inc Gaeddert Farms - Season has ended
- The Heights - Lindsborg - Sept. 14 update: Still have sunflowers, but they will start to look less vivid day by day. They do not expect to be open the weekend of September 19 and beyond.
- Klausmeyer Dairy & Pumpkin Patch - Clearwater - Season has ended
- Walters Pumpkin Patch - Burns - Season has ended
- Gieringers Family Orchard - Edgerton - Should have sunflowers blooming in late September/Early October!
- Cedar Creek Farm - Maize - Peak bloom has ended, may still have some flowers but please call ahead
- A & H Farm - Manhattan - Peak bloom has ended
Remember to use #ToTheStarsKS in all of the great Kansas moments you capture!