Yield: About 1 cup
• 3 to 4 garlic cloves
• ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted (almonds or walnuts may be substituted)
• 4 green chilies (less or more to taste)
• 2 cups packed basil
• Salt, black pepper to taste
• ½ to ¾ cup olive oil, and extra for covering finished pesto
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice or to taste
• ¼ to ½ cup Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
1. Pulse garlic, toasted nuts and green chilies in food processor until coarsely chopped.
2. Add basil, salt and black pepper
3. Gradually add olive oil and lemon juice, process until fully incorporated and smooth. (Begin with lesser amounts and add more to achieve desired consistency.)
4. Add cheese and pulse lightly to incorporate. Check for seasonings.
5. Place in a jar or covered container. Cover top of pesto with a layer of olive oil to protect from darkening. Keeps in refrigerator for several weeks.
Ways to Stay Connected
More Recipes to Enjoy
Pot O' SausageMar 16, 2023
This recipe, from Joshua Martin, was featured as part of Taste of Kansas: The Campfire featured in… Read More
Roasted Eggplant in a Spicy YogurtMay 02, 2022
Dandu’s garden includes more than a half dozen varieties of eggplant. She makes the… Read More
Smoky Hill Bison MeatloafNov 01, 2021
Recipe from Smoky Hill Bison Co., 2660 E. Hobbs, Assaria Ingredients ½ cup chopped onion 1 Tbs… Read More
Black Bean Corn Salad with Citrus DressingSep 02, 2021
Photography by Nick Krug Ingredients • 1 can (15 ounces) black soybeans, drained and rinsed… Read More