Economic ImpactThe travel sector is an integral part of the Kansas economy contributing more than $9 billion in expenditures and sustains over 90,000 jobs. Tourism Economics an Oxford Economics Company, conducted an economic impact study of tourism in Kansas using the most current data from 2013. This report enables us to quantify, track and compare the travel and tourism's importance for Kansas' vitality.
- Measures tourism in the categories that allow it to be compared to other sectors and which matter to policy makers such as taxes, income and jobs
- Provides the ability to benchmark the visitor economy to others sectors on an "apples-to-apples" basis
- Allows benchmarking to other destinations
- Tracks the economic contribution of tourism over time
- Provides county level analysis