Kansas Tourism Division has contracted with IHS Consulting to provide a Tourism Satellite Account to measure the economic impact of travel and tourism on the Kansas economy.
Tourism Satellite Accounts are the United Nations' approved system for measuring the economic impact of tourism and provide a complete picture of the Kansas industry. This reporting enables us to quantify and track the sector's impact on the rest of the economy and determine the travel and tourism industry's importance for Kansas' vitality.The study allows the state to determine the following:
- If we are spending enough on tourism promotion and infrastructure
- What are the best economic development targets
- What is our return on investment for public tourism spending
- How we can benchmark ourselves against competitor destinations
- How to communicate the full value of tourism to policy makers, businesses and citizens.
Find the economic impact of your events by using the Event Impact Calculator.