Tour Kansas...Your Next Great Adventure!
Dodge City’s history dates back to the Santa Fe Trail in 1821. Fort Dodge was established in 1865 on the Santa Fe Trail, midway between two major Indian crossings on the Arkansas River. It quickly became a trade center for travelers and buffalo hunters. Dodge City was home to such top lawmen and gunfighters as Wyatt Earp, Doc Holliday, and the Masterson brothers. As you walk the streets and experience our rich cowboy history, you’ll wonder what it was really like in days gone by. Located in Southwest Kansas just a few short hours from the hustle and bustle of the big city. Step back in time to a more laid back lifestyle with the cowboy flair. Peak season is Memorial Day to Labor Day for all attractions. In offseason, with select venues, contact us to assist with reservations. We want to ensure an enjoyable visit to the Dodge City area and we can provide the individual attention that groups require.
- Visit Boot Hill Museum, take in western history and learn about the most famous burial ground in all of the western lore, Boot Hill Cemetery.
- See a gunfight by the World Famous Boot Hill Gunfighters or visit Miss Kitty and her can-can dancers in the Long Branch Variety Show!
- Feel Dodge City’s history come to life during our annual Dodge City Days, a 10-day celebration in late July that hosts more than 50 events including the award-winning PRCA Rodeo.
- Feeling lucky? Roll the dice and try your luck at the Boot Hill Casino & Resort!
- Enjoy the Depot Theater with dinner theater shows throughout the year.
- Check out Dodge City’s state of the art United Wireless Arena, with a seating capacity of 4,300 for sporting events and 6,000 for stage events.
- Discover Boot Hill Distillery for a true soil to sip experience and tour western Kansas’ first-ever craft distillery and tour Dodge City's first municipal building.
- Unwind at Dodge City Brewing and enjoy a handcrafted beer and a brick oven pizza at Southwest Kansas’ first-ever craft brewery!
Contact Name: Robin Bailey
Website: Visit Dodge City