We would like to welcome you to Phillipsburg, a place many have called home for generations!
We find that people like Phillipsburg for many reasons - we have a great school system, small town atmosphere, award winning businesses and beautiful neighborhoods. Phillipsburg has a charming and vibrant downtown shopping district that surrounds the historic Phillips County Courthouse Square. We think you will find our shops, restaurants, and businesses full of pleasant local residents who are willing to make your stay worthwhile. Many efforts have been taken to preserve the character of our town so we can share our history and charm with our visitors.
You can check out our event calendar at www.phillipsburgks.us or follow us on Facebook www.facebook.com/the-city-government-of-Phillipsburg-KS
Here are some of the things we offer to do during your visit with us:
- Phillipsburg is the home of “Kansas’ Biggest Rodeo”. Every first weekend in August our town bursts at the seams with activity to cheer on the cowboys and cowgirls, as the ride, rope, wrestle and race.
- Phillipsburg Golf Club offers a top quality 9-hole golf course.
- Phillipsburg Disc Golf Course is located in the City Park and offers an 18-hole/basket course.
- Fort Bissell was originally built for the safety of the settlers, but is now a museum that showcases the history of Phillips County.
- C & R Railroad Museum has an amazing 57 foot mountain range, animated with 0-scale trains that chug through the village on 1200 feet of track.
- Phillipsburg Aquatic Center includes a large outdoor pool and an indoor therapy pool. Both are zero entry accessible. There are diving boards, slides and a splash zone.
- The Wellness Center has top of the line equipment with weights, stationary bikes, treadmills, elliptical, etc.
- The Majestic Theatre is a wonderfully renovated movie house that shows current blockbusters on the weekends.
- The Huck Boyd Community Center boasts a modern auditorium/theatre that plays host to great performances, events and conventions year round.