Thank you for considering El Dorado, KS as a destination you would like to visit. We have so much to offer and would love to share it all with you!
Located 25 miles from Wichita and within three hours from Kansas City, Manhattan, Topeka, Lawrence, Oklahoma City and Tulsa; El Dorado is easily accessible for a quick weekend trip!
With the El Dorado Lake and State Park in our backyard, you will find trails for hiking and horseback riding, water sports, camping and more to fill your day. In addition, we have a thriving art and history community as well as great dining and specialty shops.
Our City’s hospitality and warm, friendly people compliment the fun and exciting adventures you’ll find here. Visit our website www.eldoks.com or stop by City Hall (220 E. 1st) to pick up a visitor’s guide and other information to discover all things El Dorado!
Let us help you Experience El Dorado!
- NEW 18 hole Disc Golf Course for amateur and professional play
- A local craft brewery for the beer enthusiast
- El Dorado Lake with access to swimming beaches, boat docks, camping sites, cabins for rent and hiking trails
- Bike path for biking, running or a leisurely walk that begins at the El Dorado lake and wraps around multiple parks ending at East Park
- BG Products Veterans Memorial Sports Complex
- City pool with diving boards, slide and kiddie pools
- Two splash parks with playgrounds and gazebos
- Coutts Museum of Art
- Butler County History and Kansas Oil Museum
- A charming Main Street district which hosts one of a kind shopping, unique art galleries and scrumptious dining spots
- Home of Butler Community College
- YMCA located downtown
- Plus much, much more…