Tourism Industry Huddles
Sponsored by TIAK and the Kansas Tourism Division
We appreciate all of the feedback we received on the weekly COVID-19 meetings! It was an overwhelmingly positive response, and many of you requested that we continue our virtual meetings. We've sorted through your input and have decided to implement some of your suggested changes. We will be continuing these meetings bi-weekly and will focus more on topics for recovery.
Kansas Tourism and TIAK have decided to continue this partnership and to rebrand this as the "Kansas Tourism Industry Virtual Huddle." We will continue to send out reminders leading up to the Virtual Huddles as we have done in the past. We are excited to continue this project as a team and to help you play the marketing game in this new normal!
The Zoom link to our virtual huddles will be provided via our TravelTalk Newsletter. To sign up for Travel Talk please email Kelli Hilliard.
Recorded Virtual Meetings
- November 18, 2020 - Topic: An election recap from TIAK and a hunting report from KDWPT.
- September 23, 2020 - Secretary Brad Loveless will provide an update and touch on a little bit of everything - from hunting to state parks to tourism. After the Secretary's presentation, be sure and stick around for a BIG and EXCITING announcement regarding this year's Kansas Tourism Conference!
- 2020 Kansas Tourism Conference goes virtual!
- CampIt KS App
- HuntFish KS
- September 9, 2020 - Topic: Connecting Despite Corona -- Managing Issues & Finding Creative Approaches --By Janice Person, Public Speaker, Consultant and Podcaster
- August 26, 2020 - Topic: Representatives from Humanities Kansas and the Kansas Museums Association will be giving us an overview of their organizations and resources available such as grants, educational opportunities, and virtual conferences.
- August 12, 2020 - Topic: David Toland, Secretary of Kansas Dept of Commerce on the “Kansas Recovery and Return to Growth.” Secretary Toland will discuss the state’s approach to economic recovery, especially as it relates to travel and tourism across Kansas. He will outline the steps taken at the state level and describe the future outlook for Kansas growth.
- July 29, 2020 - Topics include: Best Practices for Working With Meeting Planners, Hosting Virtual Conferences & Staying Engaged with Clients, 3 For 3 Segment - Creative Ways to Operate & Market a Museum During a Pandemic
- July 15, 2020 - Topics include: Exploring the Authenticity of the Tourist Experience in Diversity and Inclusion and 3 For 3 Segment on Sports Presented by Sports KS Members
- July 1, 2020 - Topics include: Best practices when working with influencers (with Sara Broers of the Midwest Travel Network and Travel with Sara), regional updates and updates from TIAK and Kansas Tourism.
- June 17, 2020 - A presentation from Kansas Tourism on our new marketing campaign, the unveiling of the new Kansas Tourism Conference logo, registration and grant information, and the next installment of our 3 For 3 series.
- June 3, 2020 - Featuring STR Research and "3 in 3" - three communities sharing innovative marketing ideas for COVID-19 recovery in 3 minutes or less