Domestic Consumer Marketing
KDWPT markets to two diverse segments; leisure tourism and consumptive tourism. Defined as:
- Leisure tourism includes urban and rural attractions and experiences, Kansas Byways, agritourism experiences and non-consumptive nature based activities such as hiking, biking, camping, and bird-watching.
- Consumptive tourism includes hunting and fishing.
The marketing message is designed to fit the audience and delivery system. When targeting out-of-state audiences, There's No Place Like Kansas for the truly unique assets that will drive visitors here. When targeting Kansans, There's No Place Like Kansas with its many experiences, so why go anywhere else?
Similarly the outdoor consumptive campaigns will also tap the emotional hook of connecting (re-connecting) with nature, friends and family and will emphasize the Kansas' unique outdoor selling points. There's No Place Like Kansas for hunting pheasant or fishing for wipers, etc;
- diversity of species (both hunting and fishing)
- when applicable, mixed bag and affordability will be highlighted features
- abundance and easy access to hunting/fishing areas
- easy to have a "do-it-yourself" experience, or if you prefer, a full service package
Various media will be utilized in the campaign, most call-to-action points to TravelKS.com and in some cases to KSOutdoors.com. The marketing effort is a cross-channel approach to reach the greatest number of potential visitors efficiently within the constraints of the budget.
A monthly themed content calendar has been created to drive messaging across all channels including public relations. This calendar messages traditional leisure tourism assets as well as timely hunting and fishing messages.