Departures and Arrivals
We recommend leaving enough time for travel and parking to be at the booth by the time you are scheduled and ready to work. If you cannot work your full shift, please have someone in line to replace you, or let our staff know that you will be leaving early. The booth will be open from 8am – 8pm, but scheduled times will differ. A work schedule will be sent to those signed up.
You will be responsible for parking fees. See map
Everyone needs a daily admission ticket to enter the grounds. Your gate ticket may be picked at Guest Services outside the south entrance E-1. It is a little building on the west side of Popular street. You should be able to temporarily park in the lot with this small building to get your tickets, however, you will not be able to park in this lot. It is reserved for law enforcement, or another specified group each year.
You will be responsible for your own meals. There are food trucks, vendors, and cafeterias across the fair grounds as well as a cafe in our building. You are welcome to bring your own food as well if you would prefer as well as water.
- Our booth is located in the Pride of Kansas Building (see map).
- One representative from your community is to be in the booth at a time. There will be at least one person from Kansas Tourism in the booth. There may also be a featured guest from Kansas Byways or Kansas Agritourism in the booth.
- Travel and Tourism will furnish table covers.
- Do not rearrange the booth. Please do not hang up extra flyers, pictures, etc… We will be providing signage for your community. There will be chairs provided for staffers.
- You are allowed to distribute brochures and small giveaway items – NO BALLOONS, tattoos, or stickers per State Fair rules.
- Please bring your daily drawing item(s) with you. We will draw and deliver to the winners after the State Fair concludes
- Interactive displays, games, and or demonstrations within the booth space table top provided brings more attention and provides a talking point.
- Samples are always a huge hit if they are not messy and are easy to disperse.
- Giveaways for kids typically attract families for conversation.