2020 Kansas Tourism Conference Registration Grant Program
The 2020 Kansas Tourism Conference Registration Grant program is designed to assist Kansas tourism organizations in the cost of attending the 2020 Kansas Tourism Conference, Oct. 19-21, 2020 in Liberal, KS.
2020 was a year of unprecedented challenges for the Kansas Tourism industry. The Kansas Tourism division of KDWPT realizes that these challenges have budget repercussions that will limit the ability for our tourism partners to gather this October at our annual tourism conference. This year, more than ever before, it is imperative that we join together to provide support and expand our recovery education.
Kansas Tourism as identified up to $35,000 in their budget to provide a grant to cover registration costs of our Kansas tourism partners to attend the annual conference to 2020.
Eligibility and Grant Information
- Applicants should be employed or affiliated with a Kansas tourism or hospitality related organization, such as a DMO, CVB, Chamber of Commerce, attraction, lodging, dining, historical, educational, or marketing capacity. If you are not sure if you or your organization is eligible, contact Kelli Hilliard.
- The applicant organization must be in good standing in other Division programs such as Kansas Travel Guide listings, Division’s Co-op Marketing, Grant Programs, and so on.
- Applicant organizations can apply for multiple attendees on one application form.
- This grant will cover registration fee’s only. Travel expenses cannot be covered under this grant.
- This is no limit to the number of registration fees that can be paid for by this grant for any one organization. The intent of this grant is to provide assistance for tourism organizations to send as many as possible to the 2020 Tourism Conference.
- Register for the conference at TIAK.org. When prompted for payment type, click on the box that says KS Tourism Conference Grant Program. You will then be able to complete your registration.
- Fill out the KS Tourism Conference Grant Program application for each person from your organization who will be attending the 2020 KS Tourism Conference or contact Kelli Hilliard if you need a physical form mailed to you.
- Once your application is received and approved, you will be notified by email that payment has been made directly to TIAK to cover your registration fee.
- We will see you Oct 19-21 in Liberal KS for the 2020 Kansas Tourism Conference.