Council on Travel & Tourism
In 1987 the Kansas Legislature formed the Council on Travel and Tourism. The duties of the Council are to:
- Advise the Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism in the development and implementation of the state's tourism marketing and business development program including, but not limited to, long-range strategies for attracting visitors to the state.
- Report to Kansas Dept of Wildlife Parks and Tourism information for preparation of the annual budget for the division of Tourism.
- Identify and review tourism related issues and current state policies and programs which directly or indirectly affect tourism in the state.
- Recommend the adoption of new, or the modification of existing, policies and programs, as needed.
The Friday, September 4, 2020 meeting will be held virtually. The meeting will begin at 9 AM Central Time. There will be a time set aside on the agenda for public comment. Public comments may be submitted in advance to email@example.com or during the meeting through “raising your hand” in the chat window. Each person providing public comment will be limited to 3 minutes.
Topic: Governor's Council on Travel and Tourism meeting
Time: Sep 4, 2020 09:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 928 8089 4545
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,92880894545# US (San Jose)
+12532158782,,92880894545# US (Tacoma)
General Public Members
- Kate Goad
- Kevin Fern
- Diane Robinson
- Shonda Atwater
- Jennifer Haugh
- Karen Hibbard
Travel Association Member Representatives
- Travel Industry Association of Kansas (TIAK)- Suzan Barnes
- Petroleum Marketers Association - Susie Coleman
- Sport Hunting Association – Representative Ken Corbet
- Kansas Restaurant & Hospitality Association – Lodging – open
- Kansas Restaurant & Hospitality Association – Restaurants - Chuck Magerl
- House Majority - Representative Shannon Francis
- House Majority - Representative Jan Kessinger
- House Minority - Representative Jason Probst
- Senator Minority - Senator Mary Ware
- Senate Majority - Senator Bud Estes
- Senate Majority - Senator Julia Lynn
- Kansas Dept of Wildlife, Parks & Tourism – Bridgette Jobe
- Kansas State Historical Society – Mary Madden
- Kansas Department of Commerce - Alex Rice
- Kansas Department of Transportation - Jeanny Sharp