Council on Travel & Tourism
In 1987 the Kansas Legislature formed the Council on Travel and Tourism. The duties of the Council are to:
- Advise the Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism in the development and implementation of the state's tourism marketing and business development program including, but not limited to, long-range strategies for attracting visitors to the state.
- Report to Kansas Dept of Wildlife Parks and Tourism information for preparation of the annual budget for the division of Tourism.
- Identify and review tourism related issues and current state policies and programs which directly or indirectly affect tourism in the state.
- Recommend the adoption of new, or the modification of existing, policies and programs, as needed.
The June 5, 2020 meeting will be held virtually. Registration is required. The meeting will begin at 9 AM Central Time.
To Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
There will be a time set aside on the agenda for public comment. Public comments may be submitted in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org or during the meeting through “raising your hand” in the chat window. Each public comment will be limited to 3 minutes or less.
General Public Members
- Kate Goad
- Kevin Fern
- Diane Robinson
- Shonda Atwater
- Jennifer Haugh
- Karen Hibbard
Travel Association Member Representatives
- Travel Industry Association of Kansas (TIAK)- Suzan Barnes
- Petroleum Marketers Association - Susie Coleman
- Sport Hunting Association – Representative Ken Corbet
- Kansas Restaurant & Hospitality Association – Lodging – open
- Kansas Restaurant & Hospitality Association – Restaurants - Chuck Magerl
- House Majority - Representative Shannon Francis
- House Majority - Representative Jan Kessinger
- House Minority - Representative Jason Probst
- Senator Minority - Senator Mary Ware
- Senate Majority - Senator Bud Estes
- Senate Majority - Senator Julia Lynn
- Kansas Dept of Wildlife, Parks & Tourism – Bridgette Jobe
- Kansas State Historical Society – Mary Madden
- Kansas Department of Commerce - Alex Rice
- Kansas Department of Transportation - Jeanny Sharp