Council on Travel & Tourism
When: Dec 4, 2020 09:00 AM Central Time
Topic: Governor's Council on Travel and Tourism
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,98220821565# or +12532158782,,98220821565#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 408 638 0968 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 646 876 9923 or 888 475 4499 (Toll Free) or 877 853 5257 (Toll Free)
Webinar ID: 982 2082 1565
In 1987 the Kansas Legislature formed the Council on Travel and Tourism. The duties of the Council are to:
- Advise the Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism in the development and implementation of the state's tourism marketing and business development program including, but not limited to, long-range strategies for attracting visitors to the state.
- Report to Kansas Dept of Wildlife Parks and Tourism information for preparation of the annual budget for the division of Tourism.
- Identify and review tourism-related issues and current state policies and programs which directly or indirectly affect tourism in the state.
- Recommend the adoption of new, or the modification of existing, policies and programs, as needed.
The Friday, November 6, 2020 meeting will be held virtually. The meeting will begin at 9 AM Central Time. There will be a time set aside on the agenda for public comment. Public comments may be submitted in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org or during the meeting through “raising your hand” in the chat window. Each person providing public comment will be limited to 3 minutes.
General Public Members
Travel Association Member Representatives
- Travel Industry Association of Kansas (TIAK) - Suzan Barnes
- Petroleum Marketers Association - Susie Coleman
- Sport Hunting Association - Representative Ken Corbet
- Kansas Restaurant & Hospitality Association - Lodging - open
- Kansas Restaurant & Hospitality Association - Restaurants - Chuck Magerl
- House Majority - Representative Shannon Francis
- House Majority - Representative Jan Kessinger
- House Minority - Representative Jason Probst
- Senator Minority - Senator Mary Ware
- Senate Majority - Senator Bud Estes
- Senate Majority - Senator Julia Lynn
- Kansas Dept of Wildlife, Parks & Tourism - Bridgette Jobe
- Kansas State Historical Society - Mary Madden
- Kansas Department of Commerce - Alex Rice
- Kansas Department of Transportation - Jeanny Sharp