Are you a picker? A flea market maven? A bargain hunter? Do you love vintage tools or clothes or furniture or household goods? Emporia has plenty of opportunities for you to find an elusive treasure from years gone by.
Antique & Vintage Shops
- Dalton Gang Antiques – 502 South Commercial Street – Bring your work gloves and get ready to dig, because the hunt is on! Dalton Gang houses 8,000 square feet of antiques and collectibles under one roof, from small trinkets to furniture and machinery. They have a particularly large collection of antique signs and license plates. Hours vary so call ahead at (620) 342-9217.
- European Antiques and Upholstery – 624 Commercial St – This shop just opened on September 1, moving to Emporia from Paxico, Kansas. The store features furniture from the United Kingdom and other countries. Shop owner, Linda, also specializes in custom made keepsakes and upholstery. Bring in that old chair you’ve got stored in the attic, and Linda can transform it into a beautiful heirloom. The store is open Tuesday through Saturday, 10:00am-5:00pm
- Family Flea Market – 2705 W Highway 50 –A family owned and operated business, Family Flea Market carries quality items at affordable prices. There is definitely something for everyone in the eclectic treasures inside these walls. You will find antiques, repurposed goods, gently used and hand-made items and more. Store hours are Tuesday through Friday, 10:00am-5:00pm, and Saturday, 10:00 am-4:00pm.
- Mike’s Attic – 623 Commercial Street – Owned by not one, not two, but three men named Mike, this shop specializes in vintage home goods and fabric, vinyl records, antique toys, and furniture. Mike’s Attic is open Wednesday through Saturday 10:00am-5:00pm and Sunday 12:00-4:00pm.
- Poehler Mercantile Antique Mall – 301 Commercial Street – Located in a former wholesale grocer’s building, Poehler’s boasts 14,000 square feet of antiques and vintage items from dozens of vendors. Inside you’ll find a wide variety of antiques including Lalique, Roseville, depression glass, Victorian and oak furniture, primitives, collectible jewelry, garden art, collectible books, vintage clothing, sports and military memorabilia, art, and much more. Fans of Emporia State University in all its incarnations will enjoy the ESU basketball and sports museum, free to the public. Poehler’s is open Tuesday through Saturday 10:00am-5:00pm and Sunday 1:00-5:00pm.
- Rhinestones & Rust – 618 Merchant Street – Megan, Danielle, and Amy are passionate about repurposing “junk” into treasures. Their storefront is filled with an eclectic mix of refurbished antique and vintage furniture. They stock Miss Mustard Seed’s Milk Paint and Annie Sloane Chalk Paint for the DIYer, and offer workshops for those eager to learn how to turn their own junk into treasures. Rhinestones & Rust is open Tuesday through Saturday 10:00am-5:30pm.
Emporia also hosts events that bring dozens of vintage and antiques vendors together for a day-long shopping extravaganza.
- BeBop Market – This holiday market, held at the Anderson Building at the Lyon County Fair Grounds, features a large variety of pop-up shops from around Kansas. You’ll find the perfect vintage or unique gift for everyone on your Christmas List. Visit bebopmarkets.com for details.
- Vintage Treasure Market – An offering of selective presentations of vintage treasures, antiques, and re-purposed items. Vintage Treasure Market is held on the fourth Saturday of July inside the Flinthills Mall. The location is climate controlled and plenty of parking is available. Follow Vintage Treasure Market on Facebook.
- The Great American Market – Held annually the Saturday after Labor Day, the Great American Market stretches nine blocks down Commercial Street in Emporia. The Market is Emporia’s largest single day event. Over 100 vendors sell collectibles, antiques, artwork, crafts, food & everything else…including the kitchen sink! This is an all day event with food, refreshments and music. Fun for everyone!
- Fabulous Finds on Highway 99 – It’s 233 miles of bargain shopping, treasure hunting, and picking! Held in late September each year, communities along Highway 99 in the Flint Hills host garage sales, flea markets, downtown business specials and other types of sales. Visit the event’s Facebook page for details.
Whether you’re on a mission for a specific item or just like to browse, Emporia’s vintage and antique stores offer a treasure trove of items for your home or collection. Plan your trip to find your next treasure now!