Kansas Power of Travel
What: The Kansas Power of Travel Coalition is organized as a grassroots effort to showcase the POWER of travel. By forming new partnerships and providing effective communication, we will collectively demonstrate the positive impact travel has on our state and communities.
Who: All travel and related businesses & employees are encouraged to get involved:
- Lodging (Hotels/Motels, Bed & Breakfasts; Lodges & Outfitters, Campgrounds/RV Parks)
- Rental Car agencies
- Attractions & Entertainment venues
- Tour Operators & Travel Agents
- Conference Centers & Meeting Planners
- Restaurants & Food Service suppliers
- Sports venues
- Transportation companies
- Retail establishments
Why: Travel & Tourism is a Kansas Powerhouse Industry!
- In 2011, Kansas received 32 Million visitors generating tourism expenditures of $8 Billion
- The average visitor to Kansas spent $236
- In terms of jobs, tourism is the third largest industry in the state employing 148,228 Kansans - approximately 10% of the population
- Only 217 visitors are required to create a new job in Kansas
- Tourism is responsible for 4.4% of the total Kansas GSP; yet, tourism activity provides 14.4% of all state and local tax receipts.
- Tourism provides $917 in tax relief to each Kansas Household.
- Kansas state and local tax receipts equaled $32 per visitor
By leveraging the collective strength of everyone who benefits from travel in Kansas, we will continue to grow this industry.
As a member of the Kansas Power of Travel Coalition, you will benefit from:
- Research & trends information
- Marketing partnership opportunities
- Industry news
- Educational opportunities
- Special promotions & events