I started to write about the history of Lindsborg's Svensk Hyllningsfest and how residents maintain strong ties to Sweden. Then I had a blogger tangent: I'm full of admiration for the dedicated young folk dancers, I wonder at the number of residents in traditional Swedish costume, and I really would like a Dala horse. There is just so much to say about this festival weekend, so much culture and community and laughter - too much, really, for a single blog. So, tonight, in the interest of deadlines, I'll stick with one of my favorite topics: festival food. Please, let me tell you about the smorgasbord experience.
Recent Blog Posts
- Family-friendly Road Trip
- Finding New Favorites in the Flint Hills
- Northern Central Prairie Inspires Explorers of All Ages
- What Makes Kansas a Yearly Stop for Wingshooting USA’s Scott Linden?
- Fun Times in the Vines
- Walnut Valley Festival
- May 4, 2007—A Day Greensburg Will Never Forget
- Tanganyika Wildlife Park: A wildly different stop near Wichita
- “And the Winner is…” Inside the Wichita Wagonmasters Chili Cook-off
- Medicine Lodge rodeo celebrates ranch work, lifestyle and town’s history