I had always wondered what it must have been like for the cowboys back in the good old days to drive cattle up from Texas to the railroad heads in Kansas. I figured I would never get the chance to do anything like that, because it didn’t happen anymore. I found out this summer I was wrong.While those long-lonely days on the trail ARE over, some Kansans still get on their horses and drive cattle the old fashioned way. The folks at the Moore Longhorn Cattle Ranch lets city boys (and girls) like me come along to help out.
Recent Blog Posts
- What Makes Kansas a Yearly Stop for Wingshooting USA’s Scott Linden?
- Fun Times in the Vines
- Walnut Valley Festival
- May 4, 2007—A Day Greensburg Will Never Forget
- Tanganyika Wildlife Park: A wildly different stop near Wichita
- “And the Winner is…” Inside the Wichita Wagonmasters Chili Cook-off
- Medicine Lodge rodeo celebrates ranch work, lifestyle and town’s history
- Walnut Valley Festival Brings Bluegrass to Kansas
- Big City Blues In A Small Town Setting
- The State Fair is a Great State Fair