I've never been much of a specialist. My dedication to pastimes has always been seasonal. When I was a boy playing sports, I loved to play football -- until it was basketball season. Then I loved basketball. I'm the same way with hunting and fishing. I love to fish until hunting seasons start. And even then, I have trouble being faithful. I love to hunt ducks until the deer rut starts. Then I love to bowhunt deer until the pheasant and quail seasons open. Deciding what to hunt in Kansas can make you dizzy.
Recent Blog Posts
- Family-friendly Road Trip
- Finding New Favorites in the Flint Hills
- Northern Central Prairie Inspires Explorers of All Ages
- What Makes Kansas a Yearly Stop for Wingshooting USA’s Scott Linden?
- Fun Times in the Vines
- Walnut Valley Festival
- May 4, 2007—A Day Greensburg Will Never Forget
- Tanganyika Wildlife Park: A wildly different stop near Wichita
- “And the Winner is…” Inside the Wichita Wagonmasters Chili Cook-off
- Medicine Lodge rodeo celebrates ranch work, lifestyle and town’s history