Rolling Hills Wildlife Adventure, west of Salina, is a unique combination of zoo and museum that gives you an up close and personal look at rare and endangered species. The facility started with one man’s mission to house unusual animals and provide education to the local community. It has grown to a large wildlife “experience” with conservation programs and a menagerie of animals you probably won’t see in most local zoos. It is a great day-trip, or if you are just passing through Kansas on I-70, it is close enough to the highway to make an easy detour if you have a few hours to spare.
Recent Blog Posts
- Family-friendly Road Trip
- Finding New Favorites in the Flint Hills
- Northern Central Prairie Inspires Explorers of All Ages
- What Makes Kansas a Yearly Stop for Wingshooting USA’s Scott Linden?
- Fun Times in the Vines
- Walnut Valley Festival
- May 4, 2007—A Day Greensburg Will Never Forget
- Tanganyika Wildlife Park: A wildly different stop near Wichita
- “And the Winner is…” Inside the Wichita Wagonmasters Chili Cook-off
- Medicine Lodge rodeo celebrates ranch work, lifestyle and town’s history