If you’re like me and can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen…even if it means not satisfying a craving for homemade pie in this hot weather. Thankfully, there’s a place right here in Kansas that makes serving my favorite dessert, well, as easy as pie. MarCon Pies in Washington bakes 500-plus fruit, nut, crunch, cream, cheesecake and specialty pies every day, yet each tastes just like grandma used to make. "
Recent Blog Posts
- This Northwestern Road Trip Rocks the Stereotype
- Reconnect with Friends on this Girls-Only Getaway
- Family-friendly Road Trip
- Finding New Favorites in the Flint Hills
- Northern Central Prairie Inspires Explorers of All Ages
- What Makes Kansas a Yearly Stop for Wingshooting USA’s Scott Linden?
- Fun Times in the Vines
- Walnut Valley Festival
- May 4, 2007—A Day Greensburg Will Never Forget
- Tanganyika Wildlife Park: A wildly different stop near Wichita