As sparks flew, the hits just kept on coming at the Combine Demolition Derby on a Saturday night in early September. Yes, you read it right…a demolition derby featuring COMBINES, the farm harvesters that typically peacefully gather in grain. At the Humboldt Speedway, these massive farm machines revved their engines and charged header-first, crashing into each other with a loud bang as metal crunched, the rear tires of both combines lifted off the ground and the drivers jolted in their seats.
Recent Blog Posts
- Family-friendly Road Trip
- Finding New Favorites in the Flint Hills
- Northern Central Prairie Inspires Explorers of All Ages
- What Makes Kansas a Yearly Stop for Wingshooting USA’s Scott Linden?
- Fun Times in the Vines
- Walnut Valley Festival
- May 4, 2007—A Day Greensburg Will Never Forget
- Tanganyika Wildlife Park: A wildly different stop near Wichita
- “And the Winner is…” Inside the Wichita Wagonmasters Chili Cook-off
- Medicine Lodge rodeo celebrates ranch work, lifestyle and town’s history