Recently I took a short drive to Overbrook with my family to see some "real, live" buffalo. After all, it is our state animal and my kids and I had never seen one up close. We pulled into the Lone Star Ranch and had a picture perfect view of the snowy Kansas prairie and the herd, settled in and grazing just beyond the old fashioned country store. We were greeted right away by Terri Gibbs, who along with her husband Don, owns the property. The buffalo were a majestic sight indeed and unlike us, were not bothered by the winter temps in their thick fur coats.
Recent Blog Posts
- Family-friendly Road Trip
- Finding New Favorites in the Flint Hills
- Northern Central Prairie Inspires Explorers of All Ages
- What Makes Kansas a Yearly Stop for Wingshooting USA’s Scott Linden?
- Fun Times in the Vines
- Walnut Valley Festival
- May 4, 2007—A Day Greensburg Will Never Forget
- Tanganyika Wildlife Park: A wildly different stop near Wichita
- “And the Winner is…” Inside the Wichita Wagonmasters Chili Cook-off
- Medicine Lodge rodeo celebrates ranch work, lifestyle and town’s history