The Walnut Valley Festival draws bluegrass musicians and lovers to the South Central Kansas town of Winfield every September. Referred to as a "Pickers Paradise," the festival is home of the International Finger Style Guitar Championship, and the International Autoharp Championship, as well as a number of national contests. This was the 42nd year for the festival that starts every year on the Thursday before the third full weekend in September.
Recent Blog Posts
- Family-friendly Road Trip
- Finding New Favorites in the Flint Hills
- Northern Central Prairie Inspires Explorers of All Ages
- What Makes Kansas a Yearly Stop for Wingshooting USA’s Scott Linden?
- Fun Times in the Vines
- Walnut Valley Festival
- May 4, 2007—A Day Greensburg Will Never Forget
- Tanganyika Wildlife Park: A wildly different stop near Wichita
- “And the Winner is…” Inside the Wichita Wagonmasters Chili Cook-off
- Medicine Lodge rodeo celebrates ranch work, lifestyle and town’s history