Here’s a wakeup call. With much of the best beef in the country raised right here in Kansas, especially in the Flint Hills region, why not dine at an establishment the Kansas Beef Council twice named the best beef restaurant in the state? The Grand Central Hotel and Grill in Cottonwood Falls uses only a special brand of premium choice beef certified by the U.S. Department of Agriculture for its superior marbling. This marbling, coupled with the meat being aged for 21 days, gives the beef its rich flavor and juiciness. The steaks are cut to order, seasoned with a secret mix of spices, and grilled to your liking. I made a reservation and ordered the popular Grand Angelo, a small filet served with mushrooms and shrimp in garlic butter. It was, well, truly grand!
Recent Blog Posts
- Family-friendly Road Trip
- Finding New Favorites in the Flint Hills
- Northern Central Prairie Inspires Explorers of All Ages
- What Makes Kansas a Yearly Stop for Wingshooting USA’s Scott Linden?
- Fun Times in the Vines
- Walnut Valley Festival
- May 4, 2007—A Day Greensburg Will Never Forget
- Tanganyika Wildlife Park: A wildly different stop near Wichita
- “And the Winner is…” Inside the Wichita Wagonmasters Chili Cook-off
- Medicine Lodge rodeo celebrates ranch work, lifestyle and town’s history