Belly up to the bar in the Western Kansas Saloon and Grill in WaKeeney like I did and you’ll feel like you’re stepping back in time. The wood floor, pressed tin ceiling, paintings of early-day Trego County, and shelves filled with glass milk bottles, oil lamps, and washboards create an old-fashioned atmosphere. If the walls in this building constructed as a hardware store in 1925 could talk, they would have stories to tell!
Recent Blog Posts
- Reconnect with Friends on this Girls-Only Getaway
- Family-friendly Road Trip
- Finding New Favorites in the Flint Hills
- Northern Central Prairie Inspires Explorers of All Ages
- What Makes Kansas a Yearly Stop for Wingshooting USA’s Scott Linden?
- Fun Times in the Vines
- Walnut Valley Festival
- May 4, 2007—A Day Greensburg Will Never Forget
- Tanganyika Wildlife Park: A wildly different stop near Wichita
- “And the Winner is…” Inside the Wichita Wagonmasters Chili Cook-off