Catching a glimpse of any wildlife is always an exciting experience, but to see rare species in a natural habitat is a rare and treasured opportunity. In this delicate shift from fall to winter, the Quivira National Wildlife Refuge welcomes winged visitors who are in the midst of their migration. One such bird is the whooping crane.
Recent Blog Posts
- Family-friendly Road Trip
- Finding New Favorites in the Flint Hills
- Northern Central Prairie Inspires Explorers of All Ages
- What Makes Kansas a Yearly Stop for Wingshooting USA’s Scott Linden?
- Fun Times in the Vines
- Walnut Valley Festival
- May 4, 2007—A Day Greensburg Will Never Forget
- Tanganyika Wildlife Park: A wildly different stop near Wichita
- “And the Winner is…” Inside the Wichita Wagonmasters Chili Cook-off
- Medicine Lodge rodeo celebrates ranch work, lifestyle and town’s history