The Wheatland Café in the little town of Hudson has a lot to crow about. Every Sunday, people flock to this small community in central Kansas to gobble up Darrell Bauer’s famous fried chicken on a buffet featuring favorite foods like Grandma used to make. Yep, that means flavorful chicken that is just-right crispy and golden on the outside while moist and juicy on the inside, savory ham, real mashed potatoes with white gravy, warm bread from the oven, and homemade ice cream. Darrell says he and his wife, Shannon, cook the hard way…from scratch.
Recent Blog Posts
- What Makes Kansas a Yearly Stop for Wingshooting USA’s Scott Linden?
- Fun Times in the Vines
- Walnut Valley Festival
- May 4, 2007—A Day Greensburg Will Never Forget
- Tanganyika Wildlife Park: A wildly different stop near Wichita
- “And the Winner is…” Inside the Wichita Wagonmasters Chili Cook-off
- Medicine Lodge rodeo celebrates ranch work, lifestyle and town’s history
- Walnut Valley Festival Brings Bluegrass to Kansas
- Big City Blues In A Small Town Setting
- The State Fair is a Great State Fair