When Victoria’s St. Fidelis Catholic Church was completed in 1911, it was the largest church west of the Mississippi River. Its twin towers, rising 141-feet in the air, can be seen for miles. They have stood for a century as a testament to the people whose hard work built a place of worship worthy of the nickname “Cathedral of the Plains.
Recent Blog Posts
- Family-friendly Road Trip
- Finding New Favorites in the Flint Hills
- Northern Central Prairie Inspires Explorers of All Ages
- What Makes Kansas a Yearly Stop for Wingshooting USA’s Scott Linden?
- Fun Times in the Vines
- Walnut Valley Festival
- May 4, 2007—A Day Greensburg Will Never Forget
- Tanganyika Wildlife Park: A wildly different stop near Wichita
- “And the Winner is…” Inside the Wichita Wagonmasters Chili Cook-off
- Medicine Lodge rodeo celebrates ranch work, lifestyle and town’s history