Fondly known as “America’s Pie Queen,” 90-year-old Norma Grubb died in Topeka on March 28. For years Grubb worked at the Sommerset Hall Café in Dover, where a wedge of her signature coconut creme pie was named “America’s Best Slice” by ABC’s “Good Morning America” in 2008.
Recent Blog Posts
- Family-friendly Road Trip
- Finding New Favorites in the Flint Hills
- Northern Central Prairie Inspires Explorers of All Ages
- What Makes Kansas a Yearly Stop for Wingshooting USA’s Scott Linden?
- Fun Times in the Vines
- Walnut Valley Festival
- May 4, 2007—A Day Greensburg Will Never Forget
- Tanganyika Wildlife Park: A wildly different stop near Wichita
- “And the Winner is…” Inside the Wichita Wagonmasters Chili Cook-off
- Medicine Lodge rodeo celebrates ranch work, lifestyle and town’s history