The colorful, arty sign above Smoffee’s gave me a preview of what’s inside this former motion picture theater. Starring a fun and inviting atmosphere and homemade food, this inventive bakery, bistro, and coffee/smoothie shop is the happening place in Colby! A cast of local characters gathers here daily to leisurely sip gourmet coffee while conversing about the world’s problems. Friends connect over a lunch of green chili or apricot chicken. This is the community gathering spot owners Shawn and Mary Larson hoped it would be. And visitors are welcomed as family.
Recent Blog Posts
- What Makes Kansas a Yearly Stop for Wingshooting USA’s Scott Linden?
- Fun Times in the Vines
- Walnut Valley Festival
- May 4, 2007—A Day Greensburg Will Never Forget
- Tanganyika Wildlife Park: A wildly different stop near Wichita
- “And the Winner is…” Inside the Wichita Wagonmasters Chili Cook-off
- Medicine Lodge rodeo celebrates ranch work, lifestyle and town’s history
- Walnut Valley Festival Brings Bluegrass to Kansas
- Big City Blues In A Small Town Setting
- The State Fair is a Great State Fair