This was my last trip of the 2013 Faces & Places tour, and I was feeling more than a little sentimental about turning in my TravelKS van keys and packing away the official polo shirts. My grandma mentioned the other evening, "You ought to know Kansas pretty well by now," and you would think that I would feel the same. Yet Kansas manages to surprise me every single time, and my trip to Columbus and the towns along US Route 66 was no exception.
Recent Blog Posts
- What Makes Kansas a Yearly Stop for Wingshooting USA’s Scott Linden?
- Fun Times in the Vines
- Walnut Valley Festival
- May 4, 2007—A Day Greensburg Will Never Forget
- Tanganyika Wildlife Park: A wildly different stop near Wichita
- “And the Winner is…” Inside the Wichita Wagonmasters Chili Cook-off
- Medicine Lodge rodeo celebrates ranch work, lifestyle and town’s history
- Walnut Valley Festival Brings Bluegrass to Kansas
- Big City Blues In A Small Town Setting
- The State Fair is a Great State Fair