On a recent road trip around the north end of Tuttle Creek Reservoir and part of Milford Lake, we drove into the community of Leonardville, a town of less than 500 people, situated between the north ends of the two nearby lakes. As we entered town, we drove past the "Welcome to Leonardville" sign, which boasted "Home of Jordy Nelson, Super Bowl XLV." Nelson earned All-American honors as a wide receiver at Kansas State University, was drafted in the second round of the 2008 NFL Draft and as of this writing, plays for the Green Bay Packers.
Recent Blog Posts
- What Makes Kansas a Yearly Stop for Wingshooting USA’s Scott Linden?
- Fun Times in the Vines
- Walnut Valley Festival
- May 4, 2007—A Day Greensburg Will Never Forget
- Tanganyika Wildlife Park: A wildly different stop near Wichita
- “And the Winner is…” Inside the Wichita Wagonmasters Chili Cook-off
- Medicine Lodge rodeo celebrates ranch work, lifestyle and town’s history
- Walnut Valley Festival Brings Bluegrass to Kansas
- Big City Blues In A Small Town Setting
- The State Fair is a Great State Fair