Tap your toes to live bluegrass music or pick your own banjo or guitar at Pickin’ on the Plains Bluegrass and Folk Festival July 20-22 in Colby. This event is in harmony with the long-running Walnut Valley Festival in Winfield, just on a slightly smaller scale. In fact, Pickin’ on the Plains began when music enthusiasts decided to bring the music, fun and fellowship they experienced at the Winfield event to the Western High Plains of Kansas nearly 20 years ago. And what a festival it has become!
Recent Blog Posts
- What Makes Kansas a Yearly Stop for Wingshooting USA’s Scott Linden?
- Fun Times in the Vines
- Walnut Valley Festival
- May 4, 2007—A Day Greensburg Will Never Forget
- Tanganyika Wildlife Park: A wildly different stop near Wichita
- “And the Winner is…” Inside the Wichita Wagonmasters Chili Cook-off
- Medicine Lodge rodeo celebrates ranch work, lifestyle and town’s history
- Walnut Valley Festival Brings Bluegrass to Kansas
- Big City Blues In A Small Town Setting
- The State Fair is a Great State Fair