It was as if I returned to my roots when I visited Munson Angus Farms west of Junction City to experience their pumpkin patch. Reared on a Kansas farm where we also raised Angus cattle, I helped with my family’s large garden. But it was nothing like the Munson’s huge pumpkin acreage, and I certainly never rode in a wagon pulled by a team of beautiful Percheron horses to pick the fruits of our labor. Nor did we ever create a maze in our corn field!
Recent Blog Posts
- Family-friendly Road Trip
- Finding New Favorites in the Flint Hills
- Northern Central Prairie Inspires Explorers of All Ages
- What Makes Kansas a Yearly Stop for Wingshooting USA’s Scott Linden?
- Fun Times in the Vines
- Walnut Valley Festival
- May 4, 2007—A Day Greensburg Will Never Forget
- Tanganyika Wildlife Park: A wildly different stop near Wichita
- “And the Winner is…” Inside the Wichita Wagonmasters Chili Cook-off
- Medicine Lodge rodeo celebrates ranch work, lifestyle and town’s history