Vast is the word that strikes a traveler on the Western Vistas Historic Byway. It is very nearly the only way to describe the open plains that greet you along this 102-mile road in the furthest stretches of western Kansas. A mix of natural archeological, architectural, cultural and historic sites line this first historic byway in the state providing enough variety to guarantee each traveler a unique reward.
Recent Blog Posts
- Family-friendly Road Trip
- Finding New Favorites in the Flint Hills
- Northern Central Prairie Inspires Explorers of All Ages
- What Makes Kansas a Yearly Stop for Wingshooting USA’s Scott Linden?
- Fun Times in the Vines
- Walnut Valley Festival
- May 4, 2007—A Day Greensburg Will Never Forget
- Tanganyika Wildlife Park: A wildly different stop near Wichita
- “And the Winner is…” Inside the Wichita Wagonmasters Chili Cook-off
- Medicine Lodge rodeo celebrates ranch work, lifestyle and town’s history