Exiting my car parked in front of Roy’s Hickory Pit BBQ in Hutchinson, I got a whiff of the tantalizing aroma of meat slowly smoking over hickory and my stomach quickly started to rumble. Fired up for Roy’s mouthwatering meat topped with a mild and sweet sauce I remembered from a previous visit, I couldn’t wait to sink my teeth into those succulent ribs once again. In fact, I purposely arrived early to avoid the potential long line of customers that sometimes extends out the bright red front door of the sunny yellow building during the lunch hour.
Recent Blog Posts
- Family-friendly Road Trip
- Finding New Favorites in the Flint Hills
- Northern Central Prairie Inspires Explorers of All Ages
- What Makes Kansas a Yearly Stop for Wingshooting USA’s Scott Linden?
- Fun Times in the Vines
- Walnut Valley Festival
- May 4, 2007—A Day Greensburg Will Never Forget
- Tanganyika Wildlife Park: A wildly different stop near Wichita
- “And the Winner is…” Inside the Wichita Wagonmasters Chili Cook-off
- Medicine Lodge rodeo celebrates ranch work, lifestyle and town’s history