Dorothy might not have been from Wamego, but the town has claimed her as its own. There you will find the Oz Museum. It has become a great place to visit for anyone with a love of the 1939 classic movie or the fairy tales written by Frank Baum that inspired it. Since opening in 2003, the museum has grown in popularity to attract nearly 30,000 visitors a year.
Recent Blog Posts
- Family-friendly Road Trip
- Finding New Favorites in the Flint Hills
- Northern Central Prairie Inspires Explorers of All Ages
- What Makes Kansas a Yearly Stop for Wingshooting USA’s Scott Linden?
- Fun Times in the Vines
- Walnut Valley Festival
- May 4, 2007—A Day Greensburg Will Never Forget
- Tanganyika Wildlife Park: A wildly different stop near Wichita
- “And the Winner is…” Inside the Wichita Wagonmasters Chili Cook-off
- Medicine Lodge rodeo celebrates ranch work, lifestyle and town’s history