In the summer of 2011, an 80 lb flathead catfish was caught and documented by biologists who were electro-fishing in El Dorado Reservoir. In August of 2012, the new state record blue catfish was pulled from the Missouri river in northeast Kansas, weighing 102.8 lbs. With these two special events, the catfish of Kansas have become something of a legend.
Recent Blog Posts
- Family-friendly Road Trip
- Finding New Favorites in the Flint Hills
- Northern Central Prairie Inspires Explorers of All Ages
- What Makes Kansas a Yearly Stop for Wingshooting USA’s Scott Linden?
- Fun Times in the Vines
- Walnut Valley Festival
- May 4, 2007—A Day Greensburg Will Never Forget
- Tanganyika Wildlife Park: A wildly different stop near Wichita
- “And the Winner is…” Inside the Wichita Wagonmasters Chili Cook-off
- Medicine Lodge rodeo celebrates ranch work, lifestyle and town’s history