As far as my bird watching experience goes, the most memorable experience I’ve had is being up close and personal with a falcon while visiting the United States Air Force Academy. Then, while aiding in a story on birding weekends in Great Bend for KANSAS! magazine, I was intrigued to learn what prime real estate Kansas has for witnessing various migratory birds, but none more special then the bald eagle.
Recent Blog Posts
- Family-friendly Road Trip
- Finding New Favorites in the Flint Hills
- Northern Central Prairie Inspires Explorers of All Ages
- What Makes Kansas a Yearly Stop for Wingshooting USA’s Scott Linden?
- Fun Times in the Vines
- Walnut Valley Festival
- May 4, 2007—A Day Greensburg Will Never Forget
- Tanganyika Wildlife Park: A wildly different stop near Wichita
- “And the Winner is…” Inside the Wichita Wagonmasters Chili Cook-off
- Medicine Lodge rodeo celebrates ranch work, lifestyle and town’s history