A visit to Dodge City was like a dream come true for my older son. At home, my husband makes it a special treat to watch old Western movies when they have a “guy’s night.” So, my six-year-old had a pretty good John Wayne impression down by the time he was four. To say the child “likes” cowboys and gun-slinging is a bit of an understatement. When we arrived at the Dodge City Visitor Information Center, we were met by a real-life-honest-to-goodness Deputy U.S. Marshal. I thought my son would go over the top with excitement. Who needs Disney anyway?
Recent Blog Posts
- This Northwestern Road Trip Rocks the Stereotype
- Reconnect with Friends on this Girls-Only Getaway
- Family-friendly Road Trip
- Finding New Favorites in the Flint Hills
- Northern Central Prairie Inspires Explorers of All Ages
- What Makes Kansas a Yearly Stop for Wingshooting USA’s Scott Linden?
- Fun Times in the Vines
- Walnut Valley Festival
- May 4, 2007—A Day Greensburg Will Never Forget
- Tanganyika Wildlife Park: A wildly different stop near Wichita