When I stepped inside the Alma Bakery & Sweet Shoppe the aroma took me back to my mother’s kitchen as she pulled homemade rolls out of the oven. I ordered a glazed-topped cinnamon roll that had a fluffy, soft texture and just the right amount of cinnamon throughout. My favorite purchase, though, was the cherry turnover. With extremely light, flaky and buttery layers, the pastry had an outer crunch, a fruity center, and sweet icing on top. It truly was melt-in-my-mouth delicious!
Recent Blog Posts
- Family-friendly Road Trip
- Finding New Favorites in the Flint Hills
- Northern Central Prairie Inspires Explorers of All Ages
- What Makes Kansas a Yearly Stop for Wingshooting USA’s Scott Linden?
- Fun Times in the Vines
- Walnut Valley Festival
- May 4, 2007—A Day Greensburg Will Never Forget
- Tanganyika Wildlife Park: A wildly different stop near Wichita
- “And the Winner is…” Inside the Wichita Wagonmasters Chili Cook-off
- Medicine Lodge rodeo celebrates ranch work, lifestyle and town’s history