Each year, as cooler weather rolls into town, Atchison gets busy sending chills down your spine. The river town has a unique history. Louis & Clark landed here on July 4, 1804. Aviatrix Amelia Earhart called it home. It was once a major commercial and railroad center of the state. In recent years, however, Atchison has become better known for tales and legends of a darker kind – enough that is has earned the moniker “The Most Haunted Town in Kansas.” It has learned to wear it well as thousands of people flock there every fall to hear some of the dozens of ghost stories associated with the town’s beautiful homes and spaces.
Recent Blog Posts
- What Makes Kansas a Yearly Stop for Wingshooting USA’s Scott Linden?
- Fun Times in the Vines
- Walnut Valley Festival
- May 4, 2007—A Day Greensburg Will Never Forget
- Tanganyika Wildlife Park: A wildly different stop near Wichita
- “And the Winner is…” Inside the Wichita Wagonmasters Chili Cook-off
- Medicine Lodge rodeo celebrates ranch work, lifestyle and town’s history
- Walnut Valley Festival Brings Bluegrass to Kansas
- Big City Blues In A Small Town Setting
- The State Fair is a Great State Fair