- Post entries in the blog comments section or on our Facebook page
- Contest ends Friday, March 30, at 5 p.m.
- All poems will be posted for our readers to vote on starting Monday, April 2
- Voting will be live through Friday, April 6, at 5 p.m.
- The winning poem will be announced on Monday, April 9
Everyone from cowboys to poet laureates have penned verses about Kansas, and now it’s your turn. Capture the spirit of Kansas in poetry and you might win a book from Kansas Poet Laureate, Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg.Perhaps the Flint Hills or the chalk pyramids inspire you to write. Or maybe the romance of the wild West or Kansas' rich Free State history makes you want to put pen to paper. Regardless of the muse, now is the time to write your poetry masterpiece.Your poem can be a haiku, sonnet, free verse, or other form of your choice. The only requirement is to wax poetic about Kansas. So sharpen your pencil, go enjoy a sunset for an added boost of creativity, and get started.William Stafford would be proud. The Kansas poetry contest is on! The details
Posted on March 22, 2012 11:17AM