I started researching the Wichita Wagonmasters Downtown Chili Cook-off a few weeks before this late September annual event. The first thing I noticed when I visited the event website was a link to "Become a Judge." Out of curiosity, I clicked, and quickly learned that anyone can sign up to be a judge at this International Chili Society (ICS)-sanctioned cook-off. I entered my information, and a few weeks later learned that I had made the cut!
Recent Blog Posts
- Family-friendly Road Trip
- Finding New Favorites in the Flint Hills
- Northern Central Prairie Inspires Explorers of All Ages
- What Makes Kansas a Yearly Stop for Wingshooting USA’s Scott Linden?
- Fun Times in the Vines
- Walnut Valley Festival
- May 4, 2007—A Day Greensburg Will Never Forget
- Tanganyika Wildlife Park: A wildly different stop near Wichita
- “And the Winner is…” Inside the Wichita Wagonmasters Chili Cook-off
- Medicine Lodge rodeo celebrates ranch work, lifestyle and town’s history