Stretching from Medicine Lodge to Coldwater, the Gypsum Hills Scenic Byway is a 42 mile journey. I've been fortunate through family trips and professional excursions to travel through a great deal of Kansas counties, up and down the highways and byways. However, this particular stretch of road was one I had yet to encounter. Coming from northeast Kansas, we decided to trailer the bike down. The trick with that is finding a good place to park the truck and trailer while we were out exploring. The folks at the Wright's Truck Stop in Medicine Lodge are used to having vehicles parked there for long stretches of time and were very accommodating.
Recent Blog Posts
- Family-friendly Road Trip
- Finding New Favorites in the Flint Hills
- Northern Central Prairie Inspires Explorers of All Ages
- What Makes Kansas a Yearly Stop for Wingshooting USA’s Scott Linden?
- Fun Times in the Vines
- Walnut Valley Festival
- May 4, 2007—A Day Greensburg Will Never Forget
- Tanganyika Wildlife Park: A wildly different stop near Wichita
- “And the Winner is…” Inside the Wichita Wagonmasters Chili Cook-off
- Medicine Lodge rodeo celebrates ranch work, lifestyle and town’s history